As we all know, practitioners in the legal industry often come into contact with many documents and the legal profession is one of the most document-intensive industries. The legal industry is becoming mature, but it still has low efficiencies in document management and records management. Law firms and legal professionals frequently find themselves troubled by the number of documents that have to be processed every day.
As we have moved into the digital age, more and more documents are to be managed in a digital format, which is conducive to simplifying the work process and creating a paperless office environment.
Disadvantages of Paper Documents
Within the legal industry, people use paper and pen to gather information most of the time, rather than digital means. After information is collected, you need to manually enter the information into a digital filing system. Not only will it take up much of your precious time, but worse is very error-prone when entering, which is extremely inconvenient and unreliable.
As a lot of information is kept in paper form, the legal industry is known for its high costs in storage and multiple file rooms. This brings high insurance costs and the risk of losing everything through countless different potential accidents.
Why Digital Documents?
Compared to paper documents, digital documents can both improve workflows and efficiency, uniform the work standards, and reduce the pressure of legal professionals for the most part. Let’s learn its advantages from several specific aspects.
- Cost Savings. There are many indirect or hidden costs when processing, organizing, and storing documents. Digital files are easier to store and search, less expensive to transport, and take up less physical space.
- Security. There is no doubt that digital documents provide more security than paper files. You can ensure that personal or sensitive information will not be leaked by setting a password or redacting.
- Support remote work. Legal professionals often work outside the office, whether it’s on location with a client or in court. Digital format makes it easy to access files at any time, from anywhere, on any device.
What Can We Provide?
In terms of document management, our ComPDFKit provides practical and comprehensive functions.
- PDF manipulation, including split pages, extract pages, and merge pages.
- Page edit, including delete pages, insert pages, move pages, rotate pages, replace pages, and exchange pages.
- Access document information.
- Extract images.
For more detailed information, please refer to our documentation.
Going digital can be a challenge, but it will bring us unexpected conveniences at the same time. Contact us and let us show you how productive and affordable it is to make your document management digital with our SDK.