ComPDFKit PDF SDK is a powerful PDF library for developers to add robust PDF functionality to their applications, which ships with simple-to-use java APIs to offer document viewing, creation, searching, annotation, and editing. With this SDK, even developers with limited knowledge of PDF can quickly build a professional PDF viewer with just a few lines of code on the Android platform.
ComPDFKit PDF SDK
ComPDFKit PDF SDK consists of two elements as shown in the following picture.
The two elements for ComPDFKit PDF SDK:
- PDF Core API
A parser for PDF documents (also known as PDF Data layer) doesn’t include any UI components. If you just need to render a PDF document without displaying any content inside the PDF, you can just integrate this into your application.
- PDF View
The rendering library for PDF documents (also known as the PDF UI layer) relies on ComPDFKit-UI.aar. It is a visual operation logic package for page rendering, annotation operations, and form operations. You can customize page rendering and operations based on the file library.
Viewer component offers:
- Standard page display modes, including Scrolling, Double page, Crop mode, and Cover mode.
- Navigation with thumbnails, outlines, and bookmarks.
- Text search & selection.
- Zoom in and out.
- Switch between different themes, including Dark mode, Sepia mode, Reseda mode, and Custom color mode.
- Text reflow.
Annotations component offers:
- Create, edit, and remove annotations, including Notes, Link, Freetext, Line, Square, Circle, Highlight, Underline, Squiggly, Strikeout, Ink, and Stamp.
- Support for annotation appearances.
- Import and export annotations to/from XFDF.
- Support for annotation flattening.
Forms component offers:
- Create, edit, and remove form fields, including Push Button, Check Box, Radio Button, Text Field, Combo Box, List Box, and Signature.
- Fill out PDF Forms.
- Support for PDF form flattening.
Document editor component offers:
- PDF manipulation, including splitting pages, extracting pages, and merging pages.
- Edit pages, including deleting pages, inserting pages, moving pages, rotating pages, replacing pages, and exchanging pages.
- Access document information.
- Extract images.
Security component offers:
- Encrypt and decrypt PDFs, including Permission setting and Password protection.
- Create, edit, and remove watermarks.
- Redact content including images, text, and vector graphics.
- Create, edit, and remove header & footer, including dates, page numbers, document name, author name, and chapter name.
- Create, edit, and remove bates numbers.
- Create, edit, and remove a background that can be a solid color or an image.
ComPDFKit PDF SDK is a commercial SDK, which requires a license to grant developer permission to release their apps. Each license is only valid for one application ID in development mode. Other flexible licensing options are also supported, please contact our marketing team to know more. However, any documents, sample code, or source code distribution from the released package of ComPDFKit PDF SDK to any third party is prohibited.