There is nothing more pleasant than reading a book at home in the afternoon. The process of reading is like talking to yourself and the author. But not everyone has a lot of space in their homes for physical books. Carrying and keeping physical books is a big challenge. The emergence of E-reader has changed the way people read.
Below will talk about the two topics:
- What Are the Pros and Cons of E-reader?
- How to Read eBooks Without E-reader?
What Are the Pros and Cons of E-reader?
An E-reader also called an e-book reader or e-book device is a mobile electronic device that is designed primarily for the purpose of reading digital e-books and periodicals. In 2012, global sales of E-reader fell 26 percent from a peak of 23.2 million units in 2011. The reason for this "amazingly sharp decline" is the rise of more general-purpose tablets that offer e-book reading apps and many other features in a similar form factor.
- An e-reader is a device designed to facilitate the reading of e-books. Its appearance is similar to a tablet computer, and it is smaller and more convenient to carry than ordinary books.
- Use an e-paper instead of an LCD screen. This allows the battery to last longer, usually for several weeks.
- It has good readability and resembles paper even in sunlight.
- Mobile phones have become an irreplaceable part of people's lives, and everyone carries them everywhere. E-reader, like paper books before, are not easy to carry compared with mobile phones, and may even cause unnecessary burdens.
- The graphic design of e-books is on the basis of the format and technical limitations of e-reader, as most e-ink readers do not support color displays, and they are limited in resolution and size.
- Customers can only buy books from the limited e-books available in the online store (accessible through e-reader), and therefore cannot buy e-books from the open market.
How to Read eBooks Without E-reader?
eBook Reading Software
There is a lot of e-book reading software on the market at present, and the functions are similar to those of e-reader. However, it is very convenient to download it on a mobile phone to access the local files of the mobile phone. You can also buy e-books on the open market and read them directly on the e-book reading software.
ComPDFKit provides the same features as e-book reading software. It can provide the ability to read e-Books on any software or device.
- Viewer — Provide a strong rendering engine with a wide range of advanced features such as text search & selection, single or double pages, continuous mode, navigation, and zooming.
- Annotations — Add, edit, import, and export all types of PDF markings. Such as highlighting, underlining, strikeout, and notes.
- Security — Protect documents by encrypting & decrypting documents, watermarking, redacting, and more.
The biggest advantage of ComPDFKit is that it is easy to integrate. You can build ComPDFKit into any APPs, systems, or servers according to your needs to provide e-reader functions for your customers or internal use of the company. Putting millions of books, magazines, newspapers, comics, and manga at your fingertips, desktop, etc.
Through the above introduction, we learned how to read eBooks more effectively and conveniently without E-reader. Welcome to contact us to explore more possibilities of combining the eBooks reading process with your APPs.