ComPDFKit PDF SDK for iOS is a robust PDF library for developers who need to develop applications on iOS, which offers powerful Objective-C APIs for quickly viewing, annotating, editing, and creating PDFs. It is feature-rich and battle-tested, making PDF files process and manipulation easier and faster for iOS devices.
ComPDFKit PDF SDK
ComPDFKit PDF SDK consists of two elements as shown in the following picture.
The two elements for ComPDFKit PDF SDK:
- PDF Core API
The Core API can be used independently for document rendering, analysis, text extraction, text search, form filling, password security, annotation creation and manipulation, and much more.
- PDF View
The PDF View is a utility class that provides the functionality for developers to interact with rendering PDF documents per their requirements. The View Control provides fast and high quality rendering, zooming, scrolling, and page navigation features. The View Control is derived from platform-related viewer classes (e.g. UIView on iOS) and allows for extension to accommodate specific user needs.
Viewer component offers:
- Standard page display modes, including Scrolling, Double page, Crop mode, and Cover mode.
- Navigation with thumbnails, outlines, and bookmarks.
- Text search & selection.
- Zoom in and out & Fit-page.
- Switch between different themes, including Dark mode, Sepia mode, Reseda mode, and Custom color mode.
- Text reflow.
Annotations component offers:
- Create, edit and remove annotations, including Note, Link, Freetext, Line, Square, Circle, Highlight, Underline, Squiggly, Strikeout, Stamp, Ink, Sound
- Support for annotation appearances.
- Import and export annotations to/from XFDF.
- Support for annotation flattening.
- Predefine annotations.
Forms component offers:
- Create, edit and remove form fields, including Push Button, Check Box, Radio Button, Text Field, Combo Box, List Box, and Signature.
- Fill PDF Forms.
- Support for PDF form flattening.
Document editor component offers:
- PDF manipulation, including Split pages, Extract pages, and Merge pages.
- Page edit, including Delete pages, Insert pages, Crop pages, Move pages, Rotate pages, Replace pages, and Exchange pages.
- Document information setting.
- Extract images.
Security component offers:
- Encrypt and decrypt PDFs, including Permission setting and Password protected.
- Create, edit, and remove watermark.
- Redact content including images, text, and vector graphics.
- Create, edit, and remove header & footer, including dates, page numbers, document name, author name, and chapter name.
- Create, edit, and remove bates numbers.
- Create, edit, and remove background that can be a solid color or an image.
Conversion component offers:
PDF to PDF/A.
ComPDFKit PDF SDK is a commercial SDK, which requires a license to grant developer permission to release their apps. Each license is only valid for one bundle ID in development mode. Other flexible licensing options are also supported, please contact our marketing team to know more. However, any documents, sample code, or source code distribution from the released package of ComPDFKit to any third party is prohibited.